May 17, 2019, by International students

Postgraduate Accommodation by Ashmita from India

I was coming to the UK for the first time to pursue my Masters in Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Management. Being an international student, I did thorough research on the various accommodation options that Nottingham has to offer. My course was based on Jubilee Campus and I had to pick between on-campus and off-campus accommodation ­­­– on campus, I had Melton hall as an option and the closest off-campus accommodations were Nottingham Two, St.Peter’s Court and Raleigh Park. I decided to stay off campus, they were just a 7 minute walk away from campus. All three accommodations had various types of rooms to offer – en-suite, shared, studio and apartments. I further read reviews and tried to connect with people who had stayed in Nottingham before to get their opinion on my accommodation options.

I decided to pick Nottingham Two for a couple of reasons:

1. It was en-suite
  2. It was close to Jubilee Campus
  3. The bus stop to the city was just a minute’s walk away
  4. There are various places to eat like Wok and Go, Dominoes and Subway and also a big grocery story right opposite called Lidl, which was a big plus point.
  5. I liked the room size and it had to offer

The room that I chose was the en-suite room which means that I had my own restroom and I only had to share the kitchen and living area with 4 other people. The accommodation also has a common room which has various entertainment games like ice hockey, table tennis and pool. They also have regular events which helps you meet more people and the staff is extremely friendly.

In my personal opinion, I had a great time living in Nottingham Two and it was a very comfortable accommodation to stay in.

I graduated in December 2018 and shifted to a private apartment which is about a 20 minute walk from Jubilee Campus or there’s also the L12 bus which is free for students and stops right outside and it goes to both the campuses which is convenient. The apartment is very close to Asda, B&M, Aldi, Range and various Indian/Pakistani restaurants. The reason I shifted there was because of the options available around me and also the fact that it was close to campus.

Posted in International Student Ambassadors