February 6, 2016, by International students

Meet our Student Callers: Rebecca from Italy

Rebecca in Cape Town, South Africa

Rebecca in Cape Town, South Africa

If you hold an offer to study at The University of Nottingham, you might be lucky enough to receive a call from one of our student callers. Italian student Rebecca shares her favourite things about studying at Nottingham.

Why did you choose to study at Nottingham?

I chose to study at Nottingham because it was the only University that had the exact course I was interested in and because after having seen the campus I thought it would be the perfect place for me.

What is your favourite thing about living in Nottingham?

What I like the most about living in Nottingham is the fact that it is a student town and that nearly everything is designed around students.

Where is your favourite place in Nottingham, and why?

Arboretum 600x400

Arboretum Park

My favourite place is The Arboretum, it’s a very pretty park very close to the town centre where there is a beautiful lake and where you can go for nice walks and relax with your friends.

Where is your favourite place to eat out in Nottingham, and why?

I really like going out for brunch and one of my favourite places is The Pudding Pantry, it offers a very wide selection and the place itself looks very cosy and welcoming. They have amazing fluffy pancakes and very cool drinks as well.

Are you part of any societies?

During my first year I signed up to the Italian and Volleyball society. There are so many societies it is very difficult to choose which one you want to join! Generally societies like the Italian one organise chilled gatherings such as going out for meals or drinks rather than going to clubs because it is a better way to socialise and make friends, especially at the beginning.

What’s the most frequently asked question students ask you, and what advice do you give them?

Will I make friends straight away? It’s a very difficult question to answer because it entirely depends on the situation each student will find himself/ herself in. What I can say to reassure them though is that the University is a very big environment in which you will easily meet many people. Meeting people is part of the whole experience and having student accommodation and many societies makes it even easier.

What’s your number one tip for international/EU students coming to Nottingham?

Don’t be afraid of not fitting in! The University is an extremely welcoming environment in which you’ll be surrounded by lovely people and you will definitely find someone you’ll get along with!

What are you hoping to do after you graduate/finish your course?

I would like to start a postgraduate degree in which I will focus on what interests me the most and hopefully in the meantime maybe have an internship or work placement that will help me understand what I really want to pursue as a career.

Posted in AcademicCareersCultural integrationFoodFriendsInternational Student callersNottingham citySocieties