May 20, 2016, by The Ingenuity Lab
Happy National Vegetarian Week: Day 5
Happy Vegetarian Week to you all! Courtesy of Ingenuity Lab member and Director of Nutri2Go, Jordana Chin, we will be sharing a recipe a day with you for the whole week!
We are a day out so look out for two recipe to try today! Roll those sleeves up and get cooking! Share your creations with us today!
Recipe Number 5: Butternut squash, spinach and mushroom stew
- 150g Butternut squash, diced
- 150g Spinach
- 150g Mushrooms, chopped
- 120g Onions, minced
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Vegetable broth (choose low-sodium veg stock if using stock cubes)
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with fresh oregano/parmesan cheese (if served with pasta)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add the butternut squash, and seasonings. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and onions. Cook and stir until the onion softens.
- Add the vegetable broth. Followed by the spinach. Cook until the butternut squash is tender.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Served with brown rice or pasta!
Thank you, Jordana for sharing this with us – can’t wait for supper!