anika vassell, ingenuity lab member, university of nottingham alumni, nottingham university alumni, starburst-ess, parent support nottingham, business women nottingham, entrepreneur nottingham

April 20, 2016, by The Ingenuity Lab

Anika Vassell: Making parenting teenagers easy-peasy

In the Ingenuity Lab, no day is the same and every member has a different story and requirements.  As a group, we support each other, collaborate and ensure we have as much fun along the day; creating a melting pot of ideas!  Each week, we will introduce one of our exemplary members and their business to you!

Anika Vassell is a member of the Ingenuity Lab and working to make parenting pre-teens and teenagers that bit closer to a walk in the park!

Company name: 

Starburst Educational Support Services

starburst educational support services, starburst-ess, nottingham business logo, university of nottingham entrepreneur, business women university of nottingham alumni

www.starburst-ess.co.uk

What did you study at the University of Nottingham?

I did my PGCE at Nottingham.

What made you want to be an entrepreneur?

I was motivated by an awareness of a social need not being met, and a decision that I would be the one to meet it!

What is your business concept?

I work with parents of teens and pre-teens who want to prepare their children for a future of success and happiness.

I offer an e-learning platform that teaches about modern-day teen risks and how parents can protect their children from them through weekly videos and Q&A sessions tailored to specific needs.

starburst-ess, parent support nottingham, teenager advice nottingham, nottingham entrepreneur, new business nottingham, parenting course nottinghamWhat stage are you currently at in setting up your company/business?

The business is up and running, which is great! I’m working with parents on a one-to-one basis and support them through group workshops.

What challenges have you faced during the process?

Learning about marketing and being able to communicate the right messages to the right audiences has been my biggest learning curve so far. I’ve already had a few press features on Starburst-ESS, and it would be great to see this continue in the future.

How has being an Ingenuity Lab member helped you?

The professional advice from the Ingenuity Lab mentors has been fantastic and really helped my confidence as a business woman grow. It’s also great to be part of the Ingenuity Lab community. Having a network of other entrepreneurs from the University of Nottingham who have a shared vision and understanding of how tough it really is has helped me a lot.

What are your goals for this year?

I really want to continue raising awareness of Starburst-ESS and increase the number of parents I am supporting within my membership site.

We hope Anika Vassell’s success continues throughout 2016. Should you want to find out more about Starburst-ESS and the work Anika does, please visit her website.

Please do ensure you subscribe to this blog to keep updated about our events and activities!  You can also follow us on Facebook, TwitterLinkedIn and Instagram.

Posted in MembersNew BusinessPromotionShowcaseThe Ingenuity Lab