January 30, 2017, by Emmanuele Lazzara
Thank you for contributing to the Enquire Blog!
As a University of Nottingham blog, there are a few regulations which each blog entry must adhere to. We have put these together and summarised them in the guidelines below, to help you with the writing process. If you have any queries regarding the format, writing style, and content of your article which are not addressed in here, do not hesitate to get in touch; we will do our best to assist you.
- The Enquire Blog hopes to be a platform for postgraduate researchers to share their research, ideas, and reflection related to the social sciences. Although all topics are welcome, we would be especially delighted to receive articles which are related to the theme of our next conference: ‘Social Inequalities and Social Research’.
- Each entry should be between 500 and 1000 words, and should be written in accessible language, since we are hoping to encourage a wide and diverse audience to engage with the blog. If there is something which you are passionate about and you would like to communicate your findings or ideas about it to people beyond your specific field, this is a great chance to do so!
- Please ensure that any factual information is verified, and remember to add relevant sources, including links, if necessary.
- We encourage all our writers to write with personality and communicate what’s on their mind, while at the same time remaining professional and respectful.
- If there are any images or videos which you would like to be published together with your post, feel free to let us know. We will gladly publish them, so long as we have legal permission to use said material.
- Above all, enjoy the writing process! Articles are more powerful and effective when they are about something which you feel strongly about. The audience, in turn, will perceive that and your article will be more likely to attract a good response.
Once again, we would like to thank you for writing for the Enquire Blog, and look forward to receiving your contribution!
The Enquire Blog Team