March 23, 2018, by Raphael Velt
Introducing the Digital Research Week
Save the date: a month from now, Professor Dame Jessica Corner, Pro-Vice Chancellor for Research and Knowledge Exchange, and the Digital Research Team, are organising a Digital Research Week to empower our researchers within the digital environment. We’re offering a collection of modular events over all UK campuses to showcase the present and envision the future of digital research.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be blogging to give you more details on the contents of the Digital Research Week. Confirmed events include:
- Seminars and keynotes: Keynote presentations will include thoughts about how the digital environment can help researchers transform all aspects of our lives from how we discover and develop new medicines to how digital trends are shaping the future of research.
- Hackathon: Bring your research challenges or data sets and see how they can be addressed in creative ways within 24 hours by teams of tech-savvy students.
- Hands-on demonstrations: Try out the digital technologies and services used in innovative ways by researchers across the University.
- Facilities and lab guided tours: Visit some of our world-class facilities and see cutting-edge technological equipment across all campuses, from our manuscripts collection to our microscopes and data centres.
- Drop-in clinics: Ever wondered how to best use the Microsoft Office 365, how Research Software Engineers can support you, or how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects you? Meet our experts and find out more. Digital Research Strategy workshops Alison Clarke, Director of Digital Research, envisions the future of digital research at the University of Nottingham. This will be an opportunity to think creatively on the impact of a range of technologies on all research teams – and to help shape the University’s strategy and Research Vision.
A full, up-to-date programme is available from the Research Vision workspace at workspace.nottingham.ac.uk/display/RV/Digital+Research+Week – access to this resource is restricted to UoN staff and students, but we have a public-facing webpage with an overview of the programme at digitalresearchweek.nottingham.ac.uk.