October 22, 2018, by Jason Feehily

Welcoming students from Indonesia

Knowledge Exchange Asia co-hosted a welcome event for Indonesian students new to the University of Nottingham in collaboration with the Indonesian Student Society. The event started with a period of silence for the victims of the tragic earthquake and tsunami that occurred near Palu, Sulawesi on 28 September. They are all in our thoughts and prayers.

The event itself was a chance to welcome the new students whether at undergraduate or postgraduate level to the University. For me, it was a chance to show the new students the exciting collaborations that are happening now with Indonesia. These include successful continuing professional development exchanges and collaborative research. It is a very exciting time for the University and Indonesia. Professor Bagus Muljadi was able to share the vision for the engagement between Nottingham and Indonesia.

The event concluded with an Indonesia-Nottingham quiz. I should apologize to my Indonesian team mates as I was not much help on the Nottingham questions!

A great evening and we really welcome our new students to Nottingham.

Terima kasih

Jason Feehily

Director Knowledge Exchange-Asia