August 14, 2017, by brzmtc

Look around and be ambitious – Judit’s Clearing story

I am a first-year international student from Hong Kong, who studied A levels in the UK.

My A level years were the most stressful two years of my life: in addition of being an international student, I had to put extra effort into my studies due to the language barrier. I re-sat many of my AS exams, hoping an extra year of practice would improve my overall UMS. With other commitments during high school, I didn’t think I had studied enough for my exams.

I worried about results day for the entire summer after A levels, and made my Plan B, assuming I would not get the grades I wanted. I also wasn’t sure whether I wanted to go to my firm choice university anymore.  And on result day, as expected, my results were lower than my targets. But surprisingly, everything went very well: I was accepted by my firm and insurance choice university, which means I could upgrade to a more prestigious university or choose a different course. This was not what I was expecting to happen.

I always wanted to study at Nottingham so I decided to call up. The staff at the University were incredibly friendly and I felt that they understood how stressed I was and attempted to calm me down. Within 10 minutes I was given an offer to study BSc International Management (3 years) with a year abroad during my second year. I asked to be released into Clearing and was confirmed a place at Nottingham within several hours.

My advice is to look around different options, no matter how stressful and last-minute the experience may be. It may seem that everything is uncertain, but there is nothing wrong with being ambitious.

Find out about our courses available through international Clearing and Adjustment in 2017.

You can also meet us in Hong Kong at Clearing fairs in August.

Posted in Before applyingOffer holdersUncategorized