Jimena

August 7, 2017, by Guest Blogger

Everything happens for a reason – Jimena from El Salvador

A year back from now, I was preparing to sit my IB exams. I spent every day revising and worrying about results since it would dictate what my future holds. I was optimistic and hopeful that I would go to a top 5 university. Unfortunately, life isn’t always as we plan it to be, and I did not get the results needed for my chosen firm university.

I felt discouraged. I thought I wasn’t good enough and felt like I was in a dead end. I did not know what to do, since I had never experienced anything like this before. I applied through Clearing to Nottingham and ended up deciding to come here.

Coming to Nottingham after imagining your life at another university was not easy. But I’ve always thought that everything happens for a reason. Therefore, I decided to give it a shot. As time went by, I started ‘seeing the good in the bad’ as people say. My heart began to open up to Nottingham and I began visiting different places around the city, like Wollaton Park. That’s not all: I had the opportunity to meet many amazing people, allowing me to explore different cultures. I met various people just like me, that didn’t get their first choices but they still had so much positive energy.

At the end of the day, everything did happen for a reason and I can say with certainty I am extremely happy at Nottingham. The Business School is extremely welcoming and international, making it easier for me to adapt to cultural changes and meet people from all around the world! I’ve concluded that nothing depends on which university accepts you, but on how well you take advantage of the finite opportunities universities provide. I am grateful to call Nottingham my new home.

Find out about our courses available through international Clearing and Adjustment in 2017.

Posted in Before applyingOffer holders