July 24, 2017, by Guest Blogger

Applying through Clearing Fairs – Timothy’s story

On the morning of A level results day, due to the time difference of 7 hours ahead in Hong Kong, I wasn’t able to calm down as I was very nervous. I just kept refreshing UCAS Track to see if I got into my firm choice.

It was not until around 3pm (Hong Kong time) that Track was opened. I immediately shut my eyes and pressed enter. 10 seconds later, I opened my eyes and didn’t see my firm choice university shown on Track. I was agitated. My parents and I got changed immediately and left home to attend the Clearing Fairs.

As I was on the way to the exhibition, I phoned up my sixth form to find out my exact results and looked for the Clearing numbers for the Universities that I wanted to apply to but didn’t in the first place. When I got my results, I was upset because I did worse than I expected but my parents were being very understanding and encouraged me to go ask different universities at the fair.

As I was walking past the University of Nottingham’s stall, I was thinking would I stand a chance to get in, due to the entry requirements compared to my firm choice university? I decided to sit in front of the stall and ask about the Clearing requirements, and I left my A level results with Nottingham’s member of staff for him to have a look into it.

The next day, I received an email from him saying I have got an offer to study at the University of Nottingham. I was exuberant after knowing this news. I then sat myself down and looked into what Nottingham actually offers in detail and then decided to accept the offer, and that’s how I started my uni life as a University of Nottingham student.

Find out about our courses available through international Clearing and Adjustment in 2017.

You can also meet us in Hong Kong at Clearing fairs in August.

Posted in Before applyingOffer holders