July 22, 2016, by Tom Travis

Results day, Clearing and Adjustment – your questions answered!

What’s going to happen on results day?

What happens if I don’t do as well as I’d hoped?

What if I do better than I’d hoped?!

panic harry potter potter puppet pals dont panic

Don’t panic, we’re here to help!

With A Level results day getting closer and closer, you’ve undoubtedly got lots of questions about what to expect.

Watch Tom’s vlog to find out more about the day.

We also answered some of your burning questions about all things results on Twitter.

Don’t panic if you missed it, we’ll be doing more Q&As in the run up to results day, so keep an eye out for more info!

What’s the difference between Clearing and Adjustment?

Clearing is for those who aren’t holding any offers, have been unsuccessful at their firm and insurance choices, or applied after 30 June.

Adjustment is for those who have met and exceeded the conditions of their firm choice offer.

What courses are available through Clearing?

Clearing vacancies will be advertised on the UCAS website on the evening of Wednesday 17 August, so check back then.

Medicine and Veterinary Medicine courses won’t be available through Clearing this year, however.

How do I know if I’m eligible for Clearing?

You can find out more information on the UCAS website.

Where can I go to find more info about Adjustment?

This page on the UCAS website is your friend for details about Adjustment.

How do I apply to The University of Nottingham through Clearing or Adjustment?

You can ring our hotline on results day from 8am – 6pm: (0)115 748 6000. After results day the number will be open:

• 9am – 5pm Friday 19 August
  • 10am – 2pm Saturday 20 August
  • 9am – 5pm Monday 22 August

Nottingham is my insurance choice but I want it to be my firm. What can I do?

Unfortunately you can’t swap your replies at this stage. You’ll need to call the hotline on results day to check availability.

If I fail to meet my grades, who should I call?

Mic kristen wiig ghostbusters chris hemsworth kate mckinnon

No but seriously, if you’re a firm offer holder at Nottingham you should go to UCAS Track to check the status of your application.

If you’re not holding a firm offer with us and want to talk to us about Clearing vacancies, call our hotline on (0)115 748 6000

If I meet the conditions of my offer, do I need to contact you?

You’ll receive a congrats email and a registration email – hooray! You’ll also receive a letter through the post if you’re based in the EU.

If I get a place through Clearing or Adjustment what do I do about accommodation?

You’ll need to apply for accommodation before 21 August and have unconditional status by 31 August to guarantee uni-arranged accommodation.

How do I apply for accommodation?

You can apply for accommodation here – you’ll be able to choose your preferred room type and campus, but not the specific hall.

What will happen with my student finance if I change my course through Clearing or Adjustment?

If you live in England  then you can update your student finance application online.

If you live outside England make sure you get in touch with the relevant funding body to let them know.

Are you accepting Clearing applications from international students? Can I still apply?

Yes, some courses are still open. Check course availability on our website now and call our International Office on (+44)115 9515244

I’m an international applicant and my grades are lower than I had hoped… help!

Don’t panic! Get in touch with our lovely International Office and they will be able to discuss your Undergraduate and foundation options.

If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to get in touch @UoNapplicants!

No question is too small or trivial, we’d love to hear from you!

wiz khalifa call me wiz call you

Posted in After applyingBefore applyingUCAS