university of nottingham students

March 23, 2016, by Tom T

Our latest Twitter Q+A for Applicants

We held a Twitter Q&A last week, and here’s a summary of some of the questions you asked. Keep an eye out on @UoNapplicants for our next Q&A to take part!

I’ve missed the visit days but still really want to visit the campus. Can I?

Yes! Our campuses are open to the public so you’re welcome anytime. If you want to visit a department, get in touch & we’ll organise it for you. You can also check out our virtual open day!

How can I apply for accommodation?

If we’re your firm choice you can apply now! Check out our last blog post for more information.

Is it easy to fit a part time job around my studies?

There are lots of opportunities to earn some extra money while you study. Unitemps offer lots of flexible on and off campus jobs. Read Hannah’s blog about working and volunteering during her studies to get her thoughts on balancing everything at uni.

What’s Nottingham like as a place? What can I do when I’m not studying?

Wonderful, there’s so much to see and do! Check out this video from the City Council for a taste.

There’s a vibrant music scene with several festivals every year including Dot to Dot and Splendour. There are loads of gigs too – big bands play at the Motorpoint Arena and Rock City, and Bodega is great for tiny, intimate gigs amongst lots of others. Check out Talia’s post about Nottingham’s art scene for some other great places to go.

There’s lots of sport as well, with Nottingham Forest and Notts County FC, as well as Trent Bridge, the Nottingham Panthers ice hockey team and the National Watersports Centre.

Will I have the chance to study abroad as part of my degree?

Yes! We have one of the largest Erasmus Programmes in the UK, meaning you can study in universities across Europe. We have links with international universities too including many in the USA, Australia, Canada (and many more), as well as our sister campuses in China and Malaysia. Check out our Study Abroad blog for more info about life overseas.

I’ve applied for this year, but can I defer?

This is usually ok, but if you contact our admissions team on ugadmissions@nottingham.ac.uk they’ll give you some more info.

Posted in After applyingBefore applyingStudying hereUniversity life