July 9, 2015, by Genelva Meikle
Summer Graduation 2015
It’s the first week of Summer Graduation and the University Park campus is electric and busy with excited graduates attending awards ceremonies and celebrating becoming the Class of 2015, with their very proud parents and relatives. Due to the Sports Centre renovation, the East Midlands Conference Centre has been transformed and will be cater for a whopping 32 ceremonies over the next two weeks.
- School of Veterinary Medicine & Science
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Psychology
- Nottingham University Business School
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Physics and Astronomy
- School of Chemistry
- School of Humanities including Department of Theology and Religious Studies, Department of Philosophy, History of Art, Department of Music, St John’s College
- School of Humanities; Department of History
- School of Humanities; Department of Archaeology, Department of Classics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Department of Chemical and Environmental Engineering
- Department of Architecture and Built Environment
- School of Medicine
- School of English
There is an array of activities for graduates and guests to take part in, including a stocked Pimms bar, giant garden games, UoN Video box recording thoughts from graduates about their time at the University.
The Alumni Relations Team have set up home within the East Midlands Conference Centre and are busy welcoming graduates to the alumni community and answering questions about the many benefits available to alumni.
We have had the pleasure of hearing a range of interesting stories from students during their time at the University and their plans for the future. During the School of Health Sciences, Pre-reg Nursing ceremony, we caught up with the former Lord Mayor of Nottingham, Merlita Bryan who was celebrating her sister’s graduation with family.
Our team have also been busy promoting the support available to graduates from the Careers and Employability team who are interested in hearing graduates’ career plans and offering careers guidance. They are running a range of career workshops in September for our new alumni to attend, offering support in CV writing, searching for vacancies and completing applications! There’s a whole host available to our Class of 2015 – word on campus is that there is also a fabulous keepsake for all graduates who visit the Alumni stand!
Please join us in congratulating our Class of 2015 and their hard work, over the next two weeks and wishing them all the luck in the future.